So, I started the dreaded Patient Food Services. I'll admit, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. But it's definitely not my absolute favorite rotation. My project is to potentially move one of the staff members shifts up by two hours. She currently works 1p-9:30p, but the office needs more help from 11a-1p, so they are thinking about moving this lady's shift up by 2 hours. That being said, I have to observe the office from 11a-1p and also from 7:30p-9:30p, make a decision about this, and present it to my preceptors. It's not that difficult, but it is a bit frustrating, since this means that I have to work the 1p-9:30p shift on some days, including today. Other than that, the rotation is not that bad. Honestly it's going by pretty fast, which is great in my book!
In other news, Justin and I will be moving to North Carolina at the end of the internship (August). He is going to the University of North Carolina Greensboro this fall to complete his DMA. It was an extremely tough decision to make, but we are both happy with our decision!
No comments:
Post a Comment